QI. What is permanent settlement ?
Q2.What is ijaradari system?
Q3. Explain ryotwari settlement?
Q4. What do you mean by mahalwari system?
Q5.The ryotwari system was introduced in the year ___________
Q6.In the Munro system ,the rate of revenue was roughly _________ of the total agricultural production.
Q7. According to the ijaradari system,the right to collection was given to the highest bidder for a period of ____________ years?
Q8.____________ was the first crop to be grown on the British plantations.
Q9.Write a short note on the topic “ why were ryots reluctant to grow indigo “?
Q10.How were the peasants affected by the agrarian policies of the British ?
1. What are metals?
2. Give some uses of minerals?
3. What are non ferrous minerals?
4. State some disadvantages of using firewood and coal as fuels?
5. What is hydel power?
6. What is biogas ? state its merits and demerits as a fuel.
7. _____________ is considered the most ecofriendly fossil fuel.
8. “ Minerals are evenly distributed in the world”. Justify the statement with the help of a world map.
9. Human beings are adversely affecting our biological environment .Give reasons in support of your answer. Also, suggest some measures to conserve natural vegetations.
10. Compare the process of drilling and quarrying.
1. List different types of religious practices that you find in your neighbourhood.This may be different forms of prayers,worship,of different Gods,pilgrims,different kinds of religious music,singing etc. Does this indicate freedom of religious practice?
2. What do you mean by secularism?
3. Why do you think that India is a secular state?
4. When did the term “secular” include in the preamble of our constitution?
5. Indian secularism is similar to that of other democratic countries of the world. Justify this statement.
6. In what way is Indian secularism different from that of other democratic countries of the world? Explain
7. Does India adopt a strategy of non interference with religious practices in order to respect the sentiments of all religions? Give one example.
8. What do you understand by freedom of interpretation of religious tenets?
9. Why is it important to separate religious dominations ? Explain.
10. Fill in the blanks:
Separate sikh educational hindu fundamental
a. The right to practice a particular religion is an example of
b. Caste inequality is a major problem in ___________ religion.
c. Community based _________________ institutions are given government grant.
d. A ____________ is allowed to carry a kirpan in public places.
e. In USA , the state and religion are ________________.
कक्षा : अष्टमी
विषय : संस्कृतम्
(1) स्वर और व्यंजनो से युक्त संस्कृत शब्दकोश की रचना किजिए l प्रत्येक वर्ण से तीन-तीन शब्दो की रचना किजिए l
(2) 1 से 50 तक संख्या लिखिए l
(3) पाठ 4 से पाठ 8 तक कठिन शब्दो को पुस्तक में रेखांकित करें l
(4) सुभाषितानिके पांच श्लोक अर्थ सहित चार्ट पेपर पर लिखिए l
(5)15 सब्जियो के नाम सचित्र लिखें l
CROP PRODUCTION AND MANAGEMENT
1. Which one of the following condition is not essential to grow maize?
(a) High temperature (b) Low temperature (c) Humidity (d) Rainfall
2. Propagation of ginger is generally done using
(a) seed (b) root (c) stem (rhizome) (d) leaf
3. Which of the following statement is not true for organic manure?
(a) It enhances water holding capacity of soil. (b) It has a balance of all plant nutrients.
(c) It provides humus to soil. (d) It improves texture of soil.
4. The term used for the process of separation of grains from chaff is
(a) sieving (b) winnowing (c) threshing (d) hand picking
5. Read the statements given below.
(i) Seeds require moisture for germination.
(ii) Plants can absorb nutrients mostly in dissolved form.
(iii) Irrigation protects crops from both frost and hot air currents.
(iv) Irrigation improves soil texture.
Choose the combination of statements which indicate the need
to irrigate crops.
(a) i and ii (b) i, ii, iii (c) i, ii, iii, iv (d) i and iii
6. Which of the following tools would a farmer use to remove weeds
from the field?
(a) Hoe (b) Axe (c) Plough (d) Cultivator
7. Which of the following is not true for fertilizers?
(a) They increase the yield.
(b) Their excessive use disturbs the balance of nutrients in soil.
(c) They are generally used in small quantity.
(d) They are environment friendly.
8. Given below are statements about the harmful effects of weeds on crop plants.
(i) They interfere in harvesting.
(ii) They help crop plants to grow healthily.
(iii) They compete with crop plants for water, nutrients, space and light.
(iv) They affect plant growth.
Choose the correct combination of statements.
(a) i, iii, iv (b) iii, iv (c) iii only (d) i, ii, iii, iv
9. The process of loosening and turning of soil is called
(a) irrigation and manuring (b) tilling and ploughing (c) digging and winnowing (d) harvesting and storage
10. The monsoon season in our country is during the months
(a) April to December (b) November to March (c) June to September (d) January to May
11.Despite favourable climatic conditions, a farmer’s crop failed to give good yield. Give the possible reasons for this.
12. As a part of eco-club activity students were asked to raise a kitchen garden in the school premises. They were provided with some materials given in the box. List the other materials you would require. How will you plan the garden? Write the steps.
khurpi, water-can, spade, shovel
Note: You have been asked to use only environment friendly materials.
13. Paddy is a major cereal crop in our country.
(a) In which season is paddy cultivated?
(b) Discuss the method of sowing.
(c) What measures must be taken to prevent spoilage and insect attack of harvested grains.
MICRO-ORGANISM FRIEND AND FOE
1. Which of the following reproduces only inside a host cell?
(a) Bacteria (b) Amoeba (c) Virus (d) Fungus.
2. A disease in human beings caused by virus is _______.
(a) typhoid (b) dysentery (c) influenza (d) cholera
3. Pathogenic micro-organisms present in host cells are killed by medicines called
(a) pain killer (b) antibiotics (c) antibodies (d) vaccines
4. The two micro-organisms which live in symbiotic association in lichens are
(a) fungus and protozoa (b) bacteria and protozoa (c) alga and bacteria (d) alga and fungus
5. The gas released during the preparation of bread is
(a) oxygen (b) nitrogen (c) carbon dioxide (d) sulphur dioxide
6. The disease caused by a protozoan and spread by an insect is _________.
(a) dengue (b) polio (c) malaria (d) measles
7. Give reasons for the following.
(a) Fresh milk is boiled before consumption while processed milk stored in packets can be consumed without boiling.
(b) Raw vegetables and fruits are kept in refrigerators whereas jams and pickles can be kept outside.
(c) Farmers prefer to grow beans and peas in nitrogen deficient soils.
(d) Mosquitoes can be controlled by preventing stagnation of water though they do not live in water. Why?
8. How can we prevent the following diseases?
(a) Cholera (b) Typhoid (c) Hepatitis A
9. Name one commercial use of yeast.
10. Name the process in yeast that converts sugars into alcohol.
12. In the soil, which nutrient is enriched by blue-green algae (cyanobacteria)?
13. Why should we avoid standing close to a tuberculosis patient while he/she is coughing?
SYNTHETIC FIBRE AND PLASTIC
1. Cotton is a natural polymer. What is its chemical name?
2. A synthetic fiber which looks like silk is obtained by chemical treatment of wood pulp. It is, therefore, known as artificial silk. What is its common name?
3. Terrycot is made by mixing two types of fibres. Write the names of the fibres.
4. Plastic articles are available in all possible shapes and sizes. Can you tell why?
5. Plastic is used for making a large variety of articles of daily use and these articles are very attractive. But it is advised to avoid the use of plastic as far as possible. Why?
6. Why is it not advisable to burn plastic and synthetic fabrics?
7. Rohit took with him some nylon ropes, when he was going for rock climbing. Can you tell why he selected nylon ropes instead of ropes made of cotton or jute?
8. A lady went to the market to buy a blanket. The shopkeeper showed her blankets made of acrylic fibres as well as made of wool. She preferred to buy an acrylic blanket. Can you guess why?
9. PVC (polyvinyl chloride) is a thermoplastic and is used for making toys, chappals, etc. Bakelite is a thermosetting plastic and is used for making electrical switches, handles of various utensils, etc. Can you write the major difference between these two types of plastics? Write the importance of synthetic polymers in our life.
10. Despite being very useful it is advised to restrict the use of plastic. Why is it so? Can you suggest some methods to limit its
11. Write an activity to show that synthetic fibres are stronger than the cotton fibres.
क) पांच सुलेल्ह सुंदर व स्वच्छता से लिखें|
ख) 2 चित्र वर्णन A4 size sheet पर लिखें|
ग) समाज में विद्यमान समस्याओं में से किसी एक समस्या को लेकर व्यंग्यात्मक खानी अपने शब्दों में लिखो|
घ) वसंत पाठ 4 , 5 पठन सहित कठिन शब्द रेखांकित करो|
ड) ‘भारत की खोज’ पाठ 2 का पठन करें और कठिन शब्द रेखांकित करे|
च) उपसर्ग और प्रत्यय का चार्ट बनाएँ|
1)learn and write tables from 12 to
2) learn and write square and square root, cube and cube root from 1 to 20
chapter 1: rational numbers
chapter 21: data handling
chapter 29 :exponents and powers
4)frame 20 statements and solve them (solve 3 sums daily)
5)Solve sums from Rs Aggarwal
exercise 1B :question 1
exercise 1C: question2 to question 7 chapter 21
exercise 21 :question 6
exercise 22 :question 3
exercise 2A : question 1, question 2, question 5, question 7
6) learn and write the laws of exponents and power
Note: do all this in a separate notebook
Choose any two “ FREEDOM FIGHTERS” and make a project in a separate file.
1. life span
2. policies adopted
3. contribution to freedom struggle
HISTORY : CHAPTER 1 -REULING THE COUNTRYSIDE
GEOGRAPHY : CHAPTER 3 – MINERAL AND POWER RESOURCES
CIVICS : CHAPTER 2 – UNDERSTANDING SECULARISM
• READ THE ABOVE CHAPTERS AND WRITE THE ANSWERS OF THE EXTRA QUESTIONS GIVEN BY THE TEACHER
• WRITE 5 GLOSSARIES FROM EACH CHAPTER IN A SEPARATE NOTEBOOK.
Class VIII ENGLISH
1 Reading Project :-
Read the Book - Panchatantra / Asop's Fables -- and do the following :-
a Design a book jacket
b Make 4-5 bookmarks
c Write about the funniest thing you found in the book.
2 Read the first five chapters of the supplementary reader and mark the answers in the book.
3 Revise Noun, Pronoun, Verb, Tenses, Adjectives, Preposition from the grammar book.
4 Suggested Reading
a Malgudi Days by R.K.Narayan
b Harry Potter by J.K.Rowling
c Short Stories by Ruskin Bond